Wednesday, May 26, 2010

News from Camp Fae

Well, here's the latest news.

Next Video

Our next video trailer is currently in editing. It's going to be awesome. It was our most elaborate video in terms of the set design, filming, script rewrites, sword choreography, location scouting, schedule coordination, and number of people involved. (Wow, I just counted and there were THIRTEEN fairies around that campfire. Honestly I didn't plan that!) There were at least 24 people on hand while we were filming this brief video.

Below is one of the still shots from the video footage:



Yes, it is also the only video in which the director (me) has a cameo appearance, staring as (who else?) Mordakai, one of the characters in my book.

As I understand it (latest news from our Director of Photography) it is a very elaborate film editing process too. I can't wait to see the results!

Writing

As you can imagine, I'm excited about book 2, tentatively titled "Pixie Wars." Apparently so are my fans, since I keep getting questioned about it. I might as well tell you: I haven't had any time to work on writing, but I am working on creating. Now you will probably all think I'm insane (who doesn't right?), but the way I work on these things is that I hash things over in my head (for months sometimes) before I put any of it in writing. So, I already wrote the first 8 chapters or so back in January, but I'm still working on the rest of this book in my head as I go about my daily life. I hope to actually pick up and continue writing sometime before the end of May.

Events

I am working on the location for my Triskaidek Global Book Launch, which is currently scheduled for June 13th. My first choice of a location for this event fell through, but I'm not dissuaded. There will be a Global Triskaidek Book Launch (GTBL) and it will be on the 13th! Stay tuned for the exact location and time of this event.

That's all for now. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment